Sunday, July 3, 2011

Newman's Own Organics Products

Newman’s Own is a food company that was founded by Paul Newman in 1982. The company makes all-natural salad dressing, pasta sauce, salsa, lemonade and steak sauce.
Newman’s Own Organics was founded in 1993 by Paul Newman’s daughter, Nell Newman, as a division of Newman’s Own. It became a separate company in late 2000. Their motto is “Great Tasting Products That Happen to Be Organic.” Their products include organic pretzels, cookies, popcorn, chocolate bars, peppermint cups, peanut butter cups, olive oil and vinegar, dried fruit, fair trade coffee and pet food.
Cool fact? Paul Newman, founder of Newman’s Own in 1982, gives away all his royalties after taxes from Newman’s Own Organics to educational and charitable organizations. Paul Newman and the Newman’s Own Foundation have donated more than $250 million dollars to charities worldwide.

Review of Newman’s Own Organics

We try very hard to avoid eating processed and packaged food and focus our diet on Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.  However, I’d be lying if I said we didn’t splurge every now and then.
When we do, I try my best to make sure those products aren’t tainted with pesticides and don’t include things like high fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated oils, etc. So, when I was introduced to Newman’s Own Organics, I was definitely interested in learning more.
I contacted Newman’s Own Organics and they sent me a huge sample package of products to review. When I say huge, I mean HUGE! Here’s a picture and list of everything I received:
Newman's Own Organics Sample Pack

  • 2 Bags of Soy Crisps (BBQ and Cinnamon Sugar)
  • 3 Bags of Dried Fruit (Apples, Cranberries, Prunes and Raisins)
  • 3 Packages of Newman O’s (Similar to Oreos, but better: Hint O’ Mint, Wheat Free/Dairy Free and Chocolate)
  • 3 Bags of Champion Chip Cookies (Orange Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chocolate Chip and Double Chocolate Mint Chip)
  • 3 bags of Pretzels (Regular, Mighty Mini and Honey Wheat Mini)
  • 2 packages of Fig Newmans (Like Fig Newtons, but better: Fat Free and Low Fat)
  • 4 Packages of Licorice (Strawberry, Tangerine, Pomegranate and Black)
  • 1 Bag of Alphabet Cookies (Arrowroot)
  • 1 Package of Hermits (made with raisins and molasses)
  • 4 Packages Breath Mints (Ginger, Cinnamon, Peppermint and Wintergreen)
  • 6 Chocolate Bars (Milk Chocolate, Mocha Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Orange Dark Chocolate, Espresso Dark Chocolate and Super Dark Chocolate)
You can find the nutritional facts on each of these products here.
It took us a few weeks to work our way through everything, but now that we have, I can tell you:  If you’re looking for organic snacks that aren’t full of a ton of processed chemicals, check out Newman’s Own Organics.
These organic snack foods taste so much better than the chemical filled versions. And although I know not all of the calories we’re consuming have strong nutritional value, at least we aren’t filling our bodies with toxic pesticides, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils and bleached white flour.
I highly recommend supporting this company. All of my interactions with them have been stellar, and that is a rarity these days.
If you want to purchase Newman’s Own Organics, visit their site to see their current coupons and find a store near you (Amazon even sells some of their products!).

I am amazed at the quality and variety of cookies Newman's Own Organics produces.  We are still working our way through this sweet crunchy goodness....Double Chocolate Mint Chip, Chocolate Chip and Double Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Alpha Bet.....yum!


The cookies were the perfect bite size with plenty of chocolate chips.  The bags even came with a re-sealable tape tab.  The last of the four products some will win is their own bag of Newman's Own Organics Champion Chip Cookies.
Chocolate Bars:

I am very picky when it comes to chocolate. Milk chocolate is often too cloying, while dark chocolate is sometimes too bitter.I am not a fan of dark chocolate but my husband is so that is a good thing & I love Milk Chocolate much much better. Newman's Own Organics chocolate is just right--especially the Milk Chocolate Bar. I think I'm in love.


Here's a fun fact: Fig Newman's came into existence after Paul ("Pa") Newman went to Nabisco and asked for permission to license Fig Newtons from them. If you love the tender, figgy (it's a word!) flavor of Newtons, you will be an instant fan of Fig Newmans.

I've never heard of these before so I had no idea what to expect--they looked a little fruitcake-y to me, so I was a wee bit skeptical. Oh, how I love to be proven wrong--these cookies are so yummy. The ginger variety reminds me of a cross between gingerbread and an oatmeal raisin cookie, and my husband loved them.
Overall I was so happy to try all these products from Newman's Organic my son & husband love them even my friends loved the Pretzels. We won't have to buy snacks literally for about 2 months probably, and that's a good thing.
********************
If some of you don't know what Organic is click here
Retails & Stores click here
Have something you need to say; say it here
Like on Facebook

I received the products mentioned about free for the purpose of this review

2 comments:

  1. Mmm I wanna try some of thus stuff,


    I'm following back :)

    Have a lovely Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this stuff looks really good!

    I'm a new follower. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Meandering Matt

    ReplyDelete

January Cruise on the Norwegian Getaway 2023 ( My THOUGHTS)

  12-Day Caribbean Round -Trip New York:  Barbados & Dominican Republic Where to begin. . . We cruised the Norwegian Getaway on January ...